NOOSA FM is a not for profit, independent community broadcaster founded in 1994 and run by volunteers.
We began broadcasting 24/7 in 1997. We think of ourselves as “local and vocal” by providing a real alternative to other broadcasters.
Each of our programs is unique, with all our presenters playing their own choice of music that they love and enjoy, so you’ll be sure to get a wide variety of music, news and views with our programs.
We also tell you what’s going on locally, airing news and views on what’s happening in the communities forming our audience. Plus we support local artists, bands and events including many smaller ones.
Putting it more formally, the main objectives established by Noosa District Community Radio Association are to:
- Involve and inform the community of local events and affairs.
- Stimulate interest and entertain through a wide variety of programming styles and tastes.
- Build a stronger sense of community.
- Maintain a radio station that can provide opportunities in the areas of education, ethnic, indigenous and current affairs, as well as local music, sport and news,
- Raise public awareness and foster a general understanding for groups representing the disadvantaged members and residents of Noosa and environs.
- Support local volunteer and emergency groups by providing air time for their messages.
- Promote local events.
Over the years, NOOSA FM has been recognised and acknowledged for the achievements in and contributions to community broadcasting. For that, we appreciate and thank all of our volunteers whose passion and commitment has enabled this.
1998 – Blues Association of South East Queensland Award: Promotion of Blues Music/Presenter: Al Hensley
1999 – National Bank Certificate: Certificate of Commendation/National Community Link Awards
2000 – AMP Excellence in Business Certificate: Certificate of Appreciation
2002 – Sunshine Plaza/Lend Lease Excellence in Business Awards
2002 – CBAA Award for Fundraising Initiative, for “Community Radio Training”
2004 – CBAA Award: Best Innovative Announcement, Sponsorship or Promotion: Noosa Community Radio for Eumundi Landscape Supplies.
resenters: Al Hensley, Kenny Griffiths, Craig (Harry M.) Miller
2004 – Highly Commended for Best Innovative New Program/Segment Idea – “Radio Yo Yo”. Presenter: Jo Hendrie
2005 – CBAA Award: Innovation in Training
2005 – CBAA Award: Radio – Innovative Place/Subject for an Outside Broadcast – Noosa Tsunami Fund Raising Event and Auction
2006 – CBAA Award: Innovative Place or Subject for an Outside Broadcast – “Peregian Originals Concert”. Presenter: Megan Venn-Brown
2007 – CBAA Award: Community Radio Station of the Year
2007 – CBAA Award: Highly Commended in the Excellence in Training category for our Pilot Youth Training and Mentor Project named “Ten2Air” coordinated by Miki Venn-Brown and Sherry Corcoran
[An On Air Now widget supplied by Amrap is inserted here]